The University Library strongly condemns the invasion of Ukraine by Russian troops. We are following the developments in Eastern Europe with great concern.
We see our mission as providing members of the university and the public with access to sources of information based on serious scientific research and independent journalistic investigation.
We therefore expressly support the statements of the library associations at national and international level:
- dbv - Deutscher Bibliotheksverband: Ukraine #StandWithUkraine
- Press release of the dbv – Deutscher Bibliotheksverband (PDF / in German)
- Appeal of the Ukrainian Library Association (PDF)
- Statement of the EBLIDA - European Bureau of Library, Information and Documentation Associations
- IFLA - International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions: Statement on Ukraine
- American Library Association ALA: ALA stands with Ukrainian library community
In the following, you will find a selection of information sources that you can use to inform yourself about the background and current developments in the Ukraine war.
Topic pages of national information services
German language sources:
Independent Russian-language sources:
Independent Ukrainian sources (in English):
Further sources of information have been kindly listed by the Munich City Library.